- Liberty School District #362
- Meeting Minutes
- School Board
- Meeting Dates & Agendas
- Meeting Minutes
- Functions of the Board
- Board Goals
- Board Policies & Procedures
- How To Become a School Board Member
- Map of Director Districts
- Budget Documents
- ARP-ESSER III Spending Plan
June 22, 2022
LIBERTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
CALL TO ORDER: Board Chair Chad Cornmesser called the meeting of the Liberty School District Board of Directors to order at 7:00 p.m. The flag salute was given, and a quorum was declared. Others present were board members Mark Bullock, Chad Denny, Stephanie Stout, Jeremy Engle and Superintendent Jerrad Jeske.
AGENDA REVIEW: The addition of the High School Handbook for approval was noted.
SALUTE TO LIBERTY:
- Mark Bullock noted the end of the school year.
- Jerrad Jeske congratulated the class of 2022, stating that the great leadership of the exiting senior class will be missed.
- Jeremy Engle noticed many recent graduates at the youth basketball camp last week, still eager to be a part of the Liberty community which he attributes to the great community we have here.
SUPERINTENDENT REPORT: The following was a part of Jerrad Jeske’s report:
- Thank you to Mr. Fletcher for a great graduation ceremony at the High School on June 4th. Also a big thanks to both Mr. Saywers and Mrs. Freeman for their work on the 8th grade commencement on June 7th. Because of our districts smaller size, we get to make these ceremonies really individualized and personal.
- June 10th was the last day of school, wherein the board put on a BBQ for the staff which was greatly appreciated. A special thank you to Chad Cornmesser for his work picking everything up.
- We started the year with a 562 enrollment and finished with June’s enrollment at 550. I have visited with Joy about our enrollment numbers for next year, and I anticipate the Running Start students will bring our numbers down, but we have had a number of new families out to tour the campus.
- There was discussion about Running Start and how the program is serving our students and on how we are insuring our students make it to graduation with the credits needed.
- Last week, we met with McKinstry about the new clean building standard that applies to facilities over 50,000 square feet, making the high school the only building to meet that threshold at this time. There is anticipation that the threshold will continue to lower and the EJH will come under these standards in the future. There will be an audit period, by which the high school building will be monitored to assess where we are at on the new standards. McKinstry feels we should be in pretty good shape.
- Deputy Walton has asked to use our facilities for SWAT exercises in July for the Spokane County Sheriff’s Department. We have had them out in years past.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC: None.
CONSENT AGENDA: Chad Denny made a motion to approve the consent agenda as follows:
*Approval of regular board meeting minutes from May 25th, 2022
*General Fund Checks #114677-114748 in the amount of $133,582.27
*Capital Projects Fund Checks #114749-114751 in the amount of $14,012.80
*ASB Fund Checks #114752-114759 in the amount of $4,522.90
*Cancelled Imprest Checks, General Fund, #503 dated 6/7/21, Brian Hircock $21.65 & #504 dated 6/7/21, Darren Hubbard $5.23
*Payroll for June 2022 and Checks #114657-114676 in the amount of $608,423.43
- Resignations: Phyllis Schuman – EJH Office Assistant, Kyle Dodge – National Honor Society Advisor, Prom Advisor, & Junior Class Advisor
- Appointments: David Baird – HS Girls Head Basketball Coach
Jeremy Engle seconded the motion, and it passed all-in-favor.
- Review Budget Hearing date & time, July 27th at 6:30 PM
- First readings of Policies and Procedures:
2161/2161P, Special Education and Related Services
3115P, Students Experiencing Homelessness
3246/3246P, Restraint Isolation and Other Uses of Reasonable Force
6220, Bid or Request for Proposal Requirements
- Approval of Foundations Dinner, October 29th
Jeremy Engle made a motion to approve the Foundations Dinner, October 29th, Stephanie Stout seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Approval of the CTE Case Grant $51,000.00
After discussion, Chad Denny made a motion to approve the CTE Case Grant $51,000.00, Jeremy Engle seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Approval of EJH & HS 2022-23 Handbook
Jeremy Engle made a motion to approve the EJH & HS Handbooks, Chad Denny seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Approval of 2022-23 NEWTech Interdistrict Cooperative Agreement
Stephanie Stout made a motion to approve the 2022-23 NEWTech Interdistrict Cooperative Agreement, Jeremy Engle seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Review and approve 2022-2023 board meeting dates
After review, Stephanie Stout made a motion to approve the 2022-2023 board meeting dates with the adjustment of the December 21st date to December 15th, Jeremy Engle seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Approval of EJH Library Book Surplus
Jeremy Engle made a motion to approve the EJH Library Surplus, Stephanie Stout seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Review and approve proposed meal price increases
After discussion, it was decided to move the approval of the meal price increases to the next board meeting.
EXECUTIVE REPORTS: None.
ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA: Wednesday July 27th, 2022 - 7:00 PM
- Budget Hearing
- Meal Price Increases
EXECUTIVE SESSION: At 8:01 p.m. Chad Cornmesser announced the board would enter into executive session to discuss personnel as allowed by RCW 42.30.110 (g) for 30 minutes.
The board exited the executive session at 8:33 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:34 p.m.
Minutes not approved until signed at the next regular board meeting July 27th, 2022.